Westside Business Builders is a networking group based in Golden, Colorado. Their website provides general information about the group, and it serves as a member directory. Katz Web Design is a member of the group.
The membership committee asked Katz Web Design to prepare a proposal for the WSBB website, and this Wednesday, the group voted to have KWD redesign the website to improve appearance and functionality.
Updating the design of a functional website
The current WSBB website is functional, but it lacks visual consistency. The changes made will appear minimal, but in fact, the website will be rebuilt from the ground up.
Katz Web Design will:
- Update the home page to focus on the group’s benefits
- Feature the new logo by Lynn Pike Designs
- Create page templates that standardize layout, typography, and contact information
- Improve search engine optimization for the website by improving the structure of the underlying code
- Make the site easier to update by using standards-compliant XHTML code, CSS, and server-side includes.
- Move the site to its own domain; currently, it is forwarding to a subdomain of another website.
- Set up Google Analytics tracking code in order to monitor and analyze website traffic
These changes will provide immediate usability benefits, will make the site simple to update in the future, and will result in better Denver search results for members.