At GravityView, we’re starting a review process for support to make sure that as we grow, our support continues to be awesome.
We’re starting a Support Review meeting. We will randomly choose tickets to review for each person who has provided support in that time.
Random selection is a pain, so we created a Zapier Zap to do it for us! Here’s how:
1. Set up a schedule
2. Get the Mailbox ID
3. Use the Transition API to generate an OAuth key
4. Get conversations from the Help Scout Mailbox using the Mailbox ID from Step #2
You can configure a date range search using the Conversations v2 API.
Add the Authorization header using the OAuth value from Step #3:
5. Use the Zapier Formatter to randomly select a Ticket ID from the list returned
Repeat this step as many times as you want to grab as many ids as you want.
6. Configure sending a Slack message
Use the Ticket IDs in the message text:
7. Get randomly-selected support tickets sent to you on a regular basis!