Why blogging helps your rank
- The more you write about relevant content that is interesting, informative, and helpful, the more people will link to your blog.
- Consistently updating your website shows search engines that your site is active.
- Using keywords in your posts on a regular basis adds rich content to your site that a static page would not have.
Setting SEO goals you want to achieve
When you are doing search engine optimization, it helps to have a goal. For instance: my goal is to get to the #1 spot for “Denver Web Designers”, “Denver Web Design.”, and “Colorado Web Design”
Analyze your competition
The top two or three sites for my preferred key phrases have been ranked there for years. One way to catch up is to analyze why they’re ranked well. Today, I will look at external links.A simple way to see how many external links your site has is by searching Google for link:www.example.com
- External links — Right now, KWD has only 13 external links counted by Google.
- Greenchair.net has 93 external links
- Lighthousewd.com has 53 external links
- Fusionbox.com has 75 external links
It’s important to note that I have nothing against these companies, and you should never take things personal online. They’re at the top because they’ve worked hard to get there. I look forward to meeting the people behind these companies. There is plenty of web business to be had out there, especially in Denver, so although we are competitors in the search engines, I see all web designers as colleagues.