Help Scout Docs makes it hard to organize content on the home page, so Help Scout are using categories that redirect to articles.
This looks like a category in Help Scout:
The link points to a category page:
And the category even shows there are 8 articles!
But when you click the Getting Started link, you are taken to a Getting Started article, not a category page.
Using redirects just like Help Scout Docs does
So how do you do this yourself?
- Create a new category called “Getting Started”
- Edit the article you want to be featured
- Assign the article the Getting Started category
- Create a redirect for the category that points to a single “Getting Started” article
- Your Getting Started category now behaves like an article link on your Help Scout Docs site!