iContact for WordPress
Benefits of the iContact Widget
iContact Widget – the Best of Both Forms
Improve the Code of iContact Forms
iContact forms are generated using imperfect HTML. The iContact Widget fixes this code. An example: the form has an input field with `name=redirect`, which should be `name=”redirect”`. The form corrects this, and 10 other HTML formatting issues.
Define Custom Form Widths
The iContact form generator does not give you an option to change the width of the form. This widget allows you to define width in pixels or %.
Define Custom Input Width
iContact forms have no default width, leaving the size of the text field up to the styling of the website’s theme. The iContact Widget allows you to set the size of inputs from 15 to 40 characters.
How to install
- Generate a signup form from iContact’s functional Signup Forms generator. Once completed, you are given two code options: Automatic Sign-up Form: (recommended) and a Manual Sign-up Form.
- Copy the Automatic Sign-up Form code
- Upload the iContact Widget to your website’s `wp-content/plugins` folder, or install it using WordPress’ Add New Plugin feature.
- Activate the plugin, then go to the Appearance > Widgets page
- Add the plugin to your sidebar by dragging it into the sidebar box.
- Paste the Automatic Sign-up Form code into the text area labeled “Automatic Sign-up Form Code.”
- Configure the other settings, and click “Save.”
- Your form will now be in your sidebar!
- Fatal Error: Class ‘WP_Widget’ not found
This widget requires version 2.8 of WordPress. If you have any version previous to 2.8, this widget will not work.
- Form does not update after making changes to the settings
To fix this issue, just hit save again until it displays properly. This will be addressed in future versions. – Fixed in Version 1.0.5
Next steps for the newsletter widget:
- Add HTTPS option to automatically switch form to secure mode – Version 1.0.1
- Add better error handling when there is no form code entered – Version 1.0.2
- Implement recommendations left in the comments! (leave some!)
Note: this widget is not managed or created by iContact; it’s by Katz Web Services, Inc. (KWS). KWS is not associated with iContact and iContact should not be contacted with any widget issues.
If you have problems with the widget, please leave feedback below.
If this widget does not work for you, use this iConctact Form tool instead and paste the generated code into a text widget.
Did this make your life easier? Was this information worth a buck?
Donate with PayPal (Much appreciated!)